Teacher for Two-Year-Olds
Target Staff Type : Volunteer or
Supported : a staff person who raises their own financial support
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Help to provide a safe, developmentally-appropriate and nurturing environment for two-year-olds.
We have a place for you to serve and love our two-year-olds and their parents at our missionary kid (MK) station.
- Plan for the development of the whole child by choosing activities in all areas-social, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
- Prepare daily/weekly lesson plans that are both flexible and consistent; plan opportunities to test ideas and practice new skills
- Enable a positive learning environment by creative use of all available resources and prepare additional materials when needed; update bulletin boards as needed
- Recognize and teach for each individual child’s needs and parents’ goals; provide a balanced program of quiet, sensory experiences and vigorous activities that stimulate their development
- Assist children with activities of daily life (handwashing, eating and restroom use)
- Create and maintain an attractive, well-kept, safe classroom; regularly clean and check function of toys and equipment
- Supervise, train and guide assistant teachers and maintain staff-to-child ratios
- Document individual child’s needs, development, strengths and interests
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Have a high school degree or equivalent education
- Ability to relate well with children in order to support, engage and provide age-appropriate instruction to infants and toddlers
- Availability and adequate energy to fulfill duties
- Work experience in church nurseries/schools, day camps, or daycare settings preferred
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety and potential emergency situations
- Criminal background check, child safety interview, child safeguard review and professional references required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.