STEM Program Director
Empowered Girls of North Carolina
Responsibility: Design, develop and lead STEM programming
Purpose of Job: Carries responsibility for program implementation; carries administrative responsibilities.
Join us for the inaugural STEAM Scholars program this school year. This program will introduce middle and high school girls to STE(A)M careers, coding and app building.
Participates in periodic assessment of own performance, develops own goals and objectives. Takes advantage of training and other developmental/professional growth opportunities in the community.
- STEM Professional, STEM educator or Masters level candidate or senior undergraduate student working on courses in math, science, engineering, technology or education preferred.
- Work experience with other program developers in any related field which includes some experience in administration, curriculum and course design, and community relations.
- Skill in working with a diversity of people; ability to facilitate cooperative work.
- Ability to communicate with children and foster their involvement and participation in program planning, problem solving, and decision making.
- Ability to coordinate a multi-faceted program.
- Ability to inspire, stimulate, encourage creativity and innovation.
- Ability to develop and implement programs which are responsive to the needs and interests of girls in the field of STEM.
About Empowered Girls of North Carolina
P.O, Box 13914, Greensboro, NC 27415, US
Enhancing the quality of girls’ lives by providing programming that builds integrity, respect and self-worth.
We exist to empower girls to become responsible, self-reliant, successful women. Confident girls with respect for self and others will develop into confident, respectful young women. These girls are more likely to stay in school and become active, productive citizens in their respective communities.
Because we hold a deep belief in the power of connecting girls across race, class, culture and ethnicity, Empowered Girls deliberately delivers program opportunities that allow diverse groups of girls to come together to discover and celebrate both their commonalities and their differences.