Volunteer Writer (Blogs/Articles/Newsletter)
Global Green USA
Volunteer Writer (20 hours)
- Develop engaging and compelling newsletters, blogs and website content as needed.
- Assists in the development of content strategies.
- Guarantees the quality of media content used is of quality, on brand, and fully functional.
- Directly represents Global Green’s mission and vision through content writing.
- Collaborates with the team to reflect current projects and focus in a written format.
- Effectively address the target audience and the purpose of the communication with proper tone, sentence structure and word count, ensuring the copy is factually correct and that the language used is accurate as well as user friendly.
About Global Green USA
520 Broadway, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
Founded in 1994 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental non-profit headquartered in Southern California with offices in New Orleans, Washington DC, and New York, and is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world. Mission Global Green is working to address some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. In the United States our work is primarily focused on stemming global climate change by creating green buildings and cities. Internationally, Global Green and its affiliates are working toward: Eliminating weapons of mass destruction that threaten lives and the environment Providing clean, safe drinking water for the 2.4 billion people who lack access to clean water
In 2008, despite having to do our own belt tightening, we achieved significant results in tackling climate change and revitalizing communities from the inside out. We worked across the nation to create sustainable urban environments and combat global warming through our focus areas of green affordable housing, green schools, community education, solar energy and sustainable city programs. This is not to mention our critical work to eliminate nuclear and chemical weapons, and ensure access to clean water for all of humanity.