Volunteer Learning and Development Trainers (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for 3 new volunteersto form a new L&D Team at ADC:
- Learning and Development Manager x1
- Learning and Development Trainer x2
The Learning and Development Manager will report to the Head of Strategy and Operations. You will put together key L&D initiatives for ADC as well facilitating their delivery. You will alsotake full responsibility for theL&D team. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain fulfilling managerial experience. This role includes attending meetings with the other ADC team leads to discuss whichever ongoing projects your team is working on.You will also oversee your team’s productivity bytaking responsibility for assigning tasks, keeping track of these tasks, and then signing them off.For this role, previous managerial experience in the L&D sector is essential.
The Learning and Development Trainers will report to the Learning and Development Manager. You will deliver bespoke learning sessions and programs which are focused on leadershipdevelopment and team synergy within the world of non-profit organisations and social enterprises. The volunteer will also work with the L&D Manager to design and write training material /resources.
Please specify in your CV/email/comments section (if applying via our website) which role you are interested in.
- Develop and manage training resources, including online learning modules
- Develop and deliver training programs
- Identify training needs within the organisation
- Coordinate training sessions
- Monitor impact and successful application of training through evaluations and feedback sessions
- Engage with new training methods and techniques that could suit the organisation
- Knowledge of leadership and management models/concepts/training as well as general L&D topics such as Change management, ED&I, Psychometrics, Coaching (desirable)
- Knowledge of online learning platforms
- Experience in delivering training virtually
- At least 2 years of experience in the Learning and Development sector
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within the L&D sector
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to build your professional network by working with a diverse team
- We will provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application.
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.