Become a Board Member!
HORIZON SERVICES INC
We are seeking new voices to grow our board and support the growing needs of our organization. With your help, we can continue to restore hope, self-confidence, and community the 5,000 people who step through our doors annually.
Horizon Services is seeking 2-5 additional Board members. We are especially interested in individuals who:
- Reflect the diverse populations & communities we serve
- Live or work in Hayward or San Mateo & Santa Clara Counties
- Have professional backgrounds or interests in medicine, psychiatry, social work, mental health, health services management, finance, law, human resources, fund development, & non-profits
Horizon Services’ mission is to cultivate or restore a sense of hope, self-awareness and community to people impacted by substance use and mental health challenges by providing effective trauma informed prevention, treatment and recovery services . Horizon Services is a well-established leader of substance use treatment and mental health services in Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Alameda counties, providing a continuum of services including adult sobering, detoxification, residential, and outpatient services, and youth focused school-based outpatient services providing education, prevention, and counseling services for individuals and families.
- Compassion: We approach our clients on their terms with a heart of service.
- Professionalism: Conducting ourselves in a manner that demonstrates appropriate boundaries and professional knowledge.
- Mobilizing Science: We are curious, evidence-based and quality outcomes focused translating the best evidence of treating substance and mental health disorders into practice.
- Respect: Listening and rebuilding dignity with individuals and communities experiencing injustice.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HORIZON SERVICES INC
PO BOX 4217, HAYWARD, CA 94540, US
To cultivate or restore a sense of hope, self-awareness and community to people impacted by substance use and mental health challenges by providing effective trauma informed prevention, treatment, and recovery services.
Horizon Services, Inc., originally named Horizon House, Inc., has provided services in the recovery community for over 40 years. In 1974, the first program opened to establish sober living support services for men re-entering the workforce. In 1976, Horizon House expanded to a 38 bed long-term program. Today, Horizon Services operates comprehensive programs in Alameda, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties to provide compassionate, evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery services that improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and the community affected by substance use and mental health disorders.