Special Research Assistant for the CEO
Special Research Assistant for the CEO - In Office or Remote
Business Unit: Office of the CEO
UniversalGiving(r) is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with top-performing, vetted organizations all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. All partner organizations are vetted with our proprietary Quality Model(tm) . UniversalGiving(r) has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg , Oprah.com , CBS , The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. UniversalGiving(r) has been featured in more than 16 books, including the new Harvard Business Review Book, HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback , Arianna Huffington’s book, Thrive and Laura Arrillaga-Anderson’s book Giving 2.0 . We have also been acknowledged five times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and are highlighted in Huffington Post's list of best volunteering matching websites. We continue to gain momentum, with dozens of articles in the Christian Science Monitor and monthly contributions on Forbes . To date, we have matched more than 20,000 volunteers and $31 million dollars’ worth of volunteer hours.
As a UniversalGiving(r) Special Research Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to work on important, diverse research projects as needed by the Lead, Office of the CEO. Topics may include inspirational research for blog writing, Operations, Marketing. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, in a family-oriented, small San Francisco office. Our entire team of 60+ is highly global, working out of 20 countries. Come work with us to achieve our vision "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life!"(r)
- Perform research on high net-worth potential and existing donors, foundations and corporations
- Specific research on potential funders/donors using the Foundation Center as a primary resource
- Research on journalists, universities, and celebrities to develop marketing partnerships
- Perform research on Tech for Good companies
- Research and provide astute software/upgrade recommendations
- Research on Product Development Tools
- Research and update Event Planning
- Record all data in Salesforce
- Record and update all spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Competence with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Google Drive and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Gain experience at a unique social enterprise with global impact/exposure to global issues.
- Attain benefits in WeWork coworking space. Located in the Financial District downtown across from the TransAmerica building, a prime location. This position is also available remotely.
- With proven experience/positive attitude, UniversalGiving(r) may facilitate J-1, CPT, OPT visas
Duration and Location
- Minimum one-year commitment
- Our office is located in the Financial District, San Francisco, in a WeWork coworking space.
- The position is available for part-time employment 5-15 hours per week.
- Candidates can work out of our San Francisco office, in the United States or globally. We are highly globally focused with team members from more than 20 countries, including Russia, China, Japan, the Ukraine, Georgia, the Philippines, Haiti, Germany, Canada, Turkey, the Kurdish population, South Korea, the U.K., Brazil.
Email your resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples and a list of three reference s to email@example.com with"Special Research Assistant" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
UniversalGiving(r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Follow Us on Social Media:
- UniversalGiving(r) ’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow us on Instagram: @ UniversalGiving
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
655 Montgomery Street, Suite 7-102, San Francisco, CA 94111, US
We envision a world where giving and volunteering is a natural part of everyday life.
UniversalGiving is a social entrepreneurship non-profit that connects donors and volunteers with quality, international organizations through a customized, searchable website. UniversalGiving is unique; it has a Quality Model, a no-cut policy on donations, and the only service targeting both volunteers and donors. UniversalGiving also provides a customized service for corporations who manage international volunteering and giving programs, as well as for investment banks and high net-worth clients interested in strategic philanthropy.