FINA: Finance Manager
Copy this link to your browser to apply to this position:
- The Finance Manager will support a senior executive and will play a critical role in supporting the finance functions. This position is also responsible for developing and updating the Finance department’s policies and procedures.
- You are a creative problem-solver and self-starter who is resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- We are looking for a team member volunteer to continue adding to our great culture!
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Establish and maintain financial reports
- Create financial budgets, business plans, and forecasting models
- Develop monthly financial reports and conduct financial analysis
- Manage and maintain Quickbooks
- Develop internal controls and oversees control systems to prevent financial fraud; evaluate the efficiency of controls and continuously improves them
- Responsible for compliance audits and examinations
- Responsible for all tax and regulatory filings
- Lead financial meetings
- Develop presentations and present to leadership
- Participate in cross-functional meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in developing financial models and in financial planning and analysis
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Excellent organizational, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time
- Maintains professional demeanor and calm composure under deadline pressures and in sensitive or stressful situations
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Expert level user of Microsoft Suite and Google Suite products
- Experience with Slack and Jira or similar products
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or related field 3-5 years of relevant experience
LocationCopy this link to your browser to apply to this position: https://volunteers-jerseystem.icims.com
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.