Student-Donor Partnership Coordinator for Non-profit
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The US-based Student-Donor Partnership Coordinator manages all aspects of student sponsorships with the goal of maintaining a growing positive, educational cross-cultural relationship between the donor and the student, leading donor appreciation activities and project updates, as well as tracking and maintaining the donor/student database.
- Establishes and manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications of past and current sponsors to enhance their relationship with their assigned student
- Coordinate with in-country coordinator to ensure updates, photos, and correspondences are sent to donors in a timely manner (at least 3 times per year)
- Manage and maintain donor/student database, routinely evaluates regular partner participation, history and growth, and communicates assessments to the Director of Development
- Provide timely and quality responses to all donor inquiries and requests
- Follow up with lapsed sponsors and send payment reminders
- Plans and coordinates creative sponsor appreciation and engagement activities and project communications
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support sponsorship engagement, appreciation and promotional activities
- Supports marketing and development efforts, as needed
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with donors, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International.
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development, as well as responsive to emails.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and good time management skills
- Acute attention to detail and ability to meet timelines
- Integrity in dealing with confidential sponsor, child, and financial information
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
Reports to the Director of Development
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to fostering global awareness between children and adults in the United States and children in East Africa. Our programs provide an opportunity for individuals to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
RI was formed to provide educational opportunities, healthcare and nutrition, community-based support, and hope to orphans and other underprivileged and at-risk children and their extended families in Kabale, Uganda.