2 people are interested
Disaster Response Shelter Volunteer- Urgent Need (Caldwell County, NC)
2 people are interested
We need you NOW! Due to the current active hurricane and wildfire seasons, the Red Cross continues to need volunteers to care for people in communities who have been struck by disaster. We have an urgent need NOW for Red Cross Shelter Volunteers.
Be ready to stand up when disaster strikes and put on the red vest. Click here to view a video about making a difference through volunteering: https://youtu.be/VqwIwSV_URg.
Disaster Response Shelter Volunteer duties/requirements include:
- Serving as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Provide excellent compassionate customer service while observing all safety protocols in a COVID environment including wearing a mask (regardless of vaccination status).
- Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisors and peers.
- Complete training and tasks required for shelter operations.
Training: All training is available online 24/7. To become a fully trained Red Cross Shelter volunteer you will need to complete 3.2 hours of training. Training should be completed within two (2) days once it is assigned to you.
- Regional Response (within 50 miles of home address): A minimum requirement of five days (8-12 hours per day) during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days .
- Beyond Regional Response/Deployment: Deployment means traveling (Red Cross arranges travel and pays expenses) to a disaster area for a minimum of 14 days working between 12-14 hour shifts.
To apply and learn more, visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=2039&h=186&p=1277053
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
The Community of Caldwell CountyLenoir, NC 28645
October 4, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 14 days working between 12-14 hour shifts.