Grant Researcher/Writer for North Valley Caring Services (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Provide grant writing expertise at a nonprofit that seeks to empower the L.A. community
Organization Name: North Valley Caring Services
Organization Website: https://www.nvcsinc.org/
Mission: The mission of North Valley Caring Services is to empower neighborhood residents to build a vision of their community’s future and to actively engage in solving local problems.
If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an eye for identifying fundraising opportunities then consider a volunteer opportunity as a grant researcher. We are looking for experienced grant writers/fundraisers/netwrkers who can research and identify funding for North Valley Caring Services. The pro bono grant researcher we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills.Requirements: Each volunteer is matched to a position and will meet with the Executive Director to ensure completion of the project. Volunteers can work remotely (depending upon the role), and will receive support from L.A. Works Pro Bono Coordinator.
Responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer a big plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.