COME: Director of Community Engagement
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Head of Community Engagement (COME) provides leadership and direction to the Community Engagement team to grow engagement within NJ’s under-served communities, as well as grow engagement with NJ’s colleges/universities. This role oversees successful delivery of JerseySTEMs Outreach Programs (delivered to middle school girls (grades 5-8) working closely with the Head of Marketing, Head of Corporate Engagement and Head of Outreach Programs.
Must live in the US to apply.
- Develop and provide direction to the Community and College Engagement team who build and manage relationships with middle schools and other venues in underserved communities (the host locations for Outreach Programs), and Colleges/Universities from which we recruit students to coach Outreach Programs
- Oversee the development of a network of connections (i.e college administration, faculty, student groups) at target universities focused on college student volunteerism
- With the support of JerseySTEM HR team and Corporate Engagement team, create/coordinate meaningful development opportunities for college student volunteers (i.e. career mentoring).
- Provide guidance and coaching to your team members on using JerseySTEM’s GapAnalyzer priority list for community engagement
- Work to continuously improve and streamline JerseySTEM’s approach to community engagement as well as implementation of Outreach Programs
- Ensure that the Community Outreach database (our platform is salesforce) is up-to-date and maintained
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing to ensure coordination of branding/marketing to the community as well as increasing awareness of what JerseySTEM offers and how college students can volunteer
- Collaborate with the Head of Outreach Programs during the engagement process to ensure successful coordination and implementation of each semester’s Outreach Programs.
- Participate in the leadership team activities of budgeting/planning and reporting
- Participate in Steering Committees, Board Meetings and Board Committees as appropriate
- Participate and work with other JerseySTEM leadership to map-out strategic approaches for growth of JerseySTEM Outreach
Essential Qualifications and skills
- Genuine concern about/interest in solving the STEM education gender and opportunity gap
- Strong leadership/team building skills
- Resourceful, can-do attitude
- Networking experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Experience leading a function (i.e. department manager, etc)
- Comfort working in a 'virtual organization’ with digital tools (G-Suite, Slack, Jira, salesforce)
- Local to NJ (Car and license required for periodic travel to Sites)
- Would be a plus if candidate is flexible to allow for in-person meetings during the day 1-2 times a month for a few months each semester
https://volunteers-jerseystem. icims.com/jobs/1056/job?iis= Email+a+Friend&iiese= WMvWrSUu19E1yU% 252BONGn08io80IKkCk5XnwtezKps3 vDMGYflbYSPyuIxFkKBJLEr&iiesn= RwpcKzBrc2j4NCiKT8yf62NWwhKymt 5RkUr8L5HTlYg%253D
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
At this time, we are only able to enlist the help of volunteers with an address in the United States or Canada. If you are not located in the United States or Canada, pls do not apply to JerseySTEM and and good luck applying to the many great charities who are equipped to manage non US/Canada based volunteers. Good Luck. JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 11, 2023
- Business Development
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 10 hours/week, minimum 6 month commitment
- JerseySTEM is a virtual organization. Volunteers work remotely and use their personal computer and wifi.