3 people are interested
ESL Teacher: Level 1 or 2
3 people are interested
Due to covid, as we were unsure when to open in-person classes. Our ESL will start late this season, so we are looking for a class mid/late October to mid December. This can be a class of 10 - 22 adults. One day per week. These are usually working adults so class are held in evenings from 6:30pm - 7:30pm.
- (optional to speak Spanish, but not necessary)
- If you are available thursday or friday evenings. 6:30pm - 7:30pm. once a week.
- Have previous experience teaching the English language
- The English teacher will create and employs a comprehensive curriculum that is appropriate for level 1 adult
- give weekly homework, outsides activities to help nurture a continuous learning for full-time working adults.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of when working together with a teacher assistant (if needed) and other volunteers.
- This class is geared for non-English speakers trying to learn and improve the English language.
- Responsible for distributing homework, assignments and creating a curriculum.
- A basic outline is needed for our records, in cases where you have an emergency so an assistant can either give out assignments/collect homework, or go over that day's lesson
- For class books: We use "Inglés Básico: Una introducción práctica en treinta temas básicos para empezar a hablar ya!" and/or the "Oxford Picture Dictionary English-Spanish"
- Helping to answer students questions
- roll-call on students
Our normal Yearly schedule for classes:
- mid Sept - Mid Dec
- mid Jan - mid/early April
- end of April - end of July
- August we are usually closed for programs
About ANGELS FOR ACTION INC
209 west 2nd street, plainfield, NJ 07060, US
Our Mission is to work for justice and equality for oppressed, poor and victimized people. Angels for Action are deeply committed to our cause, even when it is necessary to challenge the social and political systems that create many societal problems. We are a non-profit group, dedicated to sponsoring free education and training programs that break down the barriers separating certain community groups from mainstream society. We will work tirelessly to stop the exploitation of the weak and encourage their empowerment.
We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, dedicated to sponsoring free education and community services. Programs include computer literacy, English and career training. We also provide advocacy services for individual rights. We execute positive solutions that help our community grow and improve in the various areas that affect our daily lives.
209 west 2nd streetplainfield, NJ 07060
October 12, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- 2 hrs a week (not including grading or lesson plan)
- Should be proficient in English. Optional if you know some spanish but helpful.