Relatable Role Model Letters!
Girls Empowerment Network
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
46 people are interested
Spark Kit Relatable Role Model Letters
Girls are looking for meaningful ways to connect now more than ever, and that’s where you come in! For girls in grades 3-12, we want to include an inspiring element of connection in our Spark Kits - Relatable Role Model Letters.
So what are Relatable Role Model Letters? These page-long letters written by Girls Empowerment Network volunteers aim to inspire, encourage, uplift, and celebrate girls throughout our community. During the last several months, many of us have felt disconnected, distant, or isolated from others. Relatable Role Model Letters provide volunteers and girls a unique way of communicating and feeling connected.
Be sure to check out our Volunteer FAQs (see links below)!This document is full of tips, guidelines, and an example Relatable Role Model Letter.
To register as a Relatable Role Model Letters volunteer, visit: https://forms.gle/vmk24qPpJbx65K476
What should be included in my letters?
- The letter should be one page in length.
- Volunteers are asked to write a minimum of 5 different letters.
- We are currently asking for handwritten letters as this provides a personalized and meaningful touch.
- We recommend taking 1-2 weeks max to complete your letters.
- We welcome decorations, colors, markers, and stickers!
- We suggest using a variety of bright and bold colors.
- Letter recipients are girls in grades 3-8 and grades 6-12 (roughly 8-13 years old and 11-18 years old).
- You will be able to choose which age demographic you'd like to write letters to.
- Ensure your writing is legible and use language that is accessible to young folks.
- Use inclusive language in your letters (see our inclusive language section in our FAQs!)
- Steer away from language about physical attributes.
- Feel free to share your first name, age, city, and/or profession.
- Do not include any other identifying/personal information.
- When you have completed your 5+ letters, you will mail them to: PO BOX 3122, Austin, Texas, 78764 (ATTN: Relatable Role Model Letters).
- The sooner you can send us the letters, the sooner girls will be able to receive them!
What are some creative elements that you could you include in your letter?
- Share your favorite inspiring quote.
- Write about your role model/shero and why they inspire you.
- Share a joke or riddle.
- Offer words of affirmation or mantras.
- Share a memory from middle or high school when you were brave, kind, or used your voice to advocate for yourself or others.
- Write an acrostic poem using words like girl, power, bravery, strength, etc.
- Create fun doodles that can be colored in and decorated.
- Write about how you utilize the Six Cs in your life:
- How are you creative?
- What are your favorite coping skills?
- What makes you feel confident?
- Who do you enjoy collaborating with?
- What makes you feel like a courageous communicator?
- How do you exercise your critical thinking skills?
And be sure to share your letter on social media using #GirlSpark!
Register as a Relatable Role Model Letters volunteer at:
View our volunteer FAQs here:
Learn about our Six C's of Self-Efficacy: https://www.girlsempowermentnetwork.org/self-efficacy
About Girls Empowerment Network
P.O. Box 3122, 2801 South IH-35, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78741, US
Girls Empowerment Network's mission is to ignite the power in girls by teaching them the skills to thrive and believe in their ability to be unstoppable.
Girls Empowerment Network (GIRLS) increases girls' self-efficacy by: 1. Equipping them with the skills they need to navigate the dangers and pressures of adolescence. 2. Forging healthy, supportive bonds so they know they are never alone. 3. Surrounding them with relatable role models who encourage, inspire, and guide. GIRLS has numerous programs that serve girls in Central Texas, Houston, and Dallas in grades 3-12, including after-school programming, workshops, and an annual statewide, multi-city We Are Girls Conference.