CLEAR BLUE SEA
Grant Writer - Professional Volunteer
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii. Our FRED projects have involved over 100 students to help younger generations experience what it takes to address a global environmental crisis.
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Coordinate requirements with team contributors and provide proposal status information at review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
We are looking for professional volunteers to assist with grant management and fundraising to help further Clear Blue Sea’s mission and efforts. This position offers flexible hours, an opportunity to mentor student interns, weekly collaboration with Clear Blue Sea’s Development Team, and can be conducted virtually from your home. If you are passionate about saving the oceans, please get in touch!
Qualifications / Skills:
- Written communication
- Technical documentation
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
Please apply via our online form:
Contact Clear Blue Sea with Questions: email@example.com
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
4450 PAVLOV AVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
Clear Blue Sea was founded in 2016 to address the problem of ocean plastic pollution. We are a nonprofit startup working with students and volunteers to achieve our mission with community collaboration. Our robotic solution is called "FRED" - the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris.
Clear Blue Sea has developed FRED’s preliminary design and prototyped small-scale versions of FRED subsystems for test and evaluation. In addition to securing our 501c3 nonprofit designation, developing our Business Plan, and establishing our Board of Directors, we have sponsored 16 student interns working on projects relevant to our long term goals. Our near term goals include building a larger-scale prototype for testing off the coast of San Diego and raising awareness of the problems with ocean plastic pollution in San Diego.