CLEAR BLUE SEA
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii. Our FRED projects have involved over 100 students to help younger generations experience what it takes to address a global environmental crisis.
We are looking for an experienced mentor to guide Clear Blue Sea’s (CBSea) technical and management projects in conjunction with the CBSea Management Teams. This position continues through 2021 and requires strategic guidance and effective communications. If you are passionate about saving the oceans and have background in project management and mentorship then please get in touch!
Examples of project mentoring tasks include:
- Provide guidance on project plans
- Review status reports and support issue resolution
- Attend CBSea team meetings to stay informed on team work
- Inform CBSea Management Team of significant project issues
- Review and edits CBSea project level articles, papers, and documentation
- Track project action items to ensure team keeps on schedule
Here are capabilities and attributes we look for in our volunteer mentors:
- Passionate about finding and implementing solutions to remediate the oceans of plastic pollution
- Excited about applying communication and strategic planning skillsfor project management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey technical concepts to a general audience and work collaboratively with the Clear Blue Sea management, marketing, engineering, and business teams
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and documenting strategies and implementation planning
- Curious and productive when learning more about this global problem and management aspects of its solutions
- Committed to team-building, including independent tasks and collaborative groups efforts
Contact Kim-Ashleigh Mostert-Freiberg: email@example.com
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
4450 PAVLOV AVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
Clear Blue Sea was founded in 2016 to address the problem of ocean plastic pollution. We are a nonprofit startup working with students and volunteers to achieve our mission with community collaboration. Our robotic solution is called "FRED" - the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris.
Clear Blue Sea has developed FRED’s preliminary design and prototyped small-scale versions of FRED subsystems for test and evaluation. In addition to securing our 501c3 nonprofit designation, developing our Business Plan, and establishing our Board of Directors, we have sponsored 16 student interns working on projects relevant to our long term goals. Our near term goals include building a larger-scale prototype for testing off the coast of San Diego and raising awareness of the problems with ocean plastic pollution in San Diego.