RANDOM ACTS INC
Reporting to the Events Assistant Manager, the Events Coordinators support the planning and logistics of events in which the Random Acts organization has a presence. Examples of events include conventions, business expos, and selected community events such as food drives and beach clean-ups. The Events Team works closely with a variety of departments, such as Regional Representatives, Social Media, Finance, the Executive Team, and Writing.
- Support the Events Assistant Manager and Events and Programming Manager in event planning, remote support and facilitation, post-event support, and related projects
- Coordination and execution of event planning and post-event support, including:
- Tailor the timeline and checklists needed to deliver each event effectively
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely and proactive manner
- Coordinate with event organizers and partners
- Work closely with the other Events Coordinator to ensure all information is accurate
- Provide on the day remote support should any issues arise
- Plan and deliver pre and post-event meetings with the Event Lead and Support
- Provide the leadership team with any information you receive that may pose a risk to successfully plan or executive an event, no matter how minor it may seem
- Attend regular staff and departmental meetings, event planning calls, and debrief calls
- Deliver regular and ad hoc reports as requested and help maintain the Events page in Podio
- Communicate and answer questions directly from Random Acts staff regarding events
- Communicate with external organizations and partners as required, liaising between them, the leadership team, and the Event Lead/Support
- Any other projects or duties as requested by the Events Assistant Manager, the Events and Programming Manager, or the Executive Team
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Process-focused, proactive, and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work as part of a team and openly collaborate on all projects
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and in a timely manner with a wide variety of people
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to synthesize a wide variety of information into actions, lists, and reposts
- 2+ years of experience in event planning or related field
- Prefer Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in event planning, project management, or related field
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.