Volunteer Engagement Team Member
American Red Cross Serving Kansas and Oklahoma
The Volunteer Engagement team is part of SAF/IS volunteer leadership that help oversee and maximize the volunteer experience in our department.
Assists, trains, and supports departmental volunteers with the following:
- Working with department leadership on position on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development
- Providing guidance, coaching, and training resources that promote positive working relationships and volunteer engagement
- Follows up with volunteers and department leadership to ensure proper placement and satisfaction
- Consults with department managers regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting department managers in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers
- Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other department positions, or in not a fit for the department, refers the volunteer to Volunteer Services
- Aids in planning and executing monthly departmental volunteer meetings
- Assists in planning and hosting volunteer trainings, events and appreciation functions
- Helps in preparing, conducting and reviewing volunteer survey results
- Conducts exit interviews of volunteers leaving the organization
- Works in partnership with the other departmental Volunteer Leadership volunteers, such as the Recognition Lead and the I.T./Volunteer Connection Support Lead to ensure total volunteer support and satisfaction
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- On the job training
- Extensive digital training library is available
Length of Appointment
- 1 year appointment, renewable annually based on performance and mutual desire to continue in the role
- Approximately 10 hours per month, working remotely and/or at a Red Cross office
About American Red Cross Serving Kansas and Oklahoma
10151 East 11th Street, Tulsa, OK 74128, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Local non-Profit offering several lines of service to local communities to provide life saving blood and blood products, disaster preparedenss, response and recovery, and serve our military through services to armed forces.