26 people are interested
Volunteer Medical Screener (Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Wyoming Counties)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Western New York
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
Assist Blood Donors through the collections process by determining procedure eligibility and conduct physical exams.
- Screen and examine blood donor candidates to approve or defer for health concerns
- Collect and confirm donor demographics and determine procedure eligibility
- Conduct physical exam to include oral temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and hematocrit according to procedure
- Facilitate and evaluate self-administered health history
- Comply with applicable Federal, state and local regulations, as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Virtual, classroom and on-the-job instruction during the work week (Monday-Friday)
- Training to take place at Cheektowaga Donor Center, Erie County
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Effective verbal communication
- Public relations skills
- Experience working in a regulated medical environment a plus!
13 More opportunities with American Red Cross of Western New York
About American Red Cross of Western New York
786 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14209, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
3601 Union RoadCheektowaga, NY 14225
May 24, 2023
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of two 6-8 hour shifts per month after completing training commitment