Volunteer Product Development Manager (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer product development manager to join ADC. Reporting to the head of st rategy and operations , you will take ownership of initiating and managing the new product "Concept to Customer" process that ADC uses to introduce new products to the market.
The right candidate will be responsible for overseeing the product plan and delivery throughout the product lifecycle, and wor king closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver products that align with the ADC brand and vision whilst meet ing customer needs.
- Develop a new product development strategy
- Propose new products after conducting market research to identify customer needs ; generate product requirements; develop new products to meet customer needs; and develop time-integrated plans for product introduction to the market
- Prepares a cost and price analysis on the development of a new product by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sa les costs; and anticipating sales volume
- Develop product positioning and go to market strategy by analyzing and d efining the total market share, competitor market share, and available market share
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products
- Keep up to date with chang es in the market that would affect new product development
- Previous experience in a senior pr oduct development role
- Investigative abilities are required in order to conduct thorough and accurate market research when evaluating product ideas
- Analytical strengths are important to assess market data and ev aluate the production strategy
- Marketing abilities are essential for this position, as these managers are involved in developing sales and promotional strategies for their products
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Free training and learning opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- We provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to email@example.com with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.