We're looking for experienced nonprofit professionals to join our Board of Directors. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing nonprofit management and appearing in the required minimum board meetings.
- Reviewing and approving the budget and other financial matters.
- Review and authorize personnel policies, including contractors and other human resources of the organization.
- Discharge, replace, and/or on-board officers or other members, if needed, in accordance with the By-laws.
- Cast votes to pass/reject new contracts, decisions, and/or proposals pertaining to the organization.
- Create committees and elect officers for different committees.
- Using insight and experience to elect the Chair and President.
- Using professional connections for the growth and outreach of the nonprofit.
- Creating and/or amending the By-laws and ensuring the organization functions in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Fixing, reviewing, and approving major changes in retirement, replacement, benefits, and compensation/salary for employees or contractors.
- Performing all other duties as required from the Board of Directors.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About JOSHUA WAVE
1213 GREEN OAKS LN APT A, CHARLOTTE, NC 28205, US
Our Mission is to provide dignity to the undervalued, while creating an atmosphere where people can feel comfortable donating knowing that 100% of their donations go straight to the cause.
We Believe in creating an atmosphere where the public can feel invited to donate because they understand that their donations will directly help someone in need. We are first focusing in our local community and in time extending our reach to cities nationwide and across boarders. Eradicating homelessness, abolishing human slavery, and establishing communities through building homes, are just a few of the projects that are close to our hearts.
Our aim is to become an international hub where self-sustaining satellite locations employ and house the homeless while bearing fruit for divergent charitable ventures. The partnerships we undertake are fulfilling a vision to live in a world without poverty, famine and injustices that can be prevented when we all collaborate as a team.