Disaster Shelter Service Associate Deployment Volunteer NEEDED!
American Red Cross - Chicago and Northern Illinois
The Shelter Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during, and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and provide assistance for disaster clients. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Following worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embodying the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders, and partners
- Providing excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Using the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training (3 hours of training total)
Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts
Beyond region: Minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts
About American Red Cross - Chicago and Northern Illinois
Chicago & Northern Illinois, Rockford, Joliet and Chicagoland areas, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.