DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Community Volunteer Leader - Fredrick County, MD
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the Executive Director
(or Regional Executive) with the primary goal of building capacity to deliver the local Red Cross mission. The CVL
extends the reach of the Executive Director by serving as the face of Red Cross in a geographic location.
Location(s): Fredrick County Chapter
Reports To: Employees: Executive Director, Fredrick County Chapter
Responsibilities: Partnering with the Executive Director (or Regional Executive), the CVL works to enhance community presence and cultivate and steward key relationships that expand the Red Cross mission.
This may be accomplished through one or more of the following activities:
- Participating in local community events as an extension of the Executive Director or Regional
- Building, regaining and/or enhancing the Red Cross presence in the local community by sharing
information and bringing relationships and resources to the Red Cross.
- Cultivating and stewarding external relationships (elected officials, local service clubs, partners and
other key stakeholders) that expand the Red Cross mission.
- Serving as an advocate, representing Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing needs for volunteers with social networks & circles of influence.
- Maintaining a general working knowledge of all Red Cross services and critical needs.
In chapters where Red Cross collects blood, the CVL:
- Represents the Red Cross blood donation needs within a specific community.
- Shares the need for blood donations with social networks & circles of influence.
- Ensures blood drive sponsors are representative of the local community and fill specific needs
identified by the region.
- Asks blood drive sponsors to meet blood drive objectives, increase the productivity of blood
drives and help to recruit donors to blood drives
- Asks new sponsors to participate in the blood donation program to meet the strategic needs of
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- Demonstrated interest in promoting Red Cross opportunities and mission (to include biomedical
services in markets with blood).
- A natural 'connector’; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross
- Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations with a wide variety of
- A creative self-starter who can successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Embraces diversity and inclusion and demonstrates an understanding of the mission, vision, and seven
- Leads by example and demonstrates Red Cross values
- Ability to work in a variety of roles, including those of consultant, collaborator, and administrators
Training: The Executive Director/Regional Executive in coordination with appropriate Red Cross staff will provide
Please provide an updated resume for consideration with a statement of interest to Joe.Miletti@redcross.org
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Fredrick CountyFredrick county, MD 21709
November 15, 2023
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ten to twenty hours a month. Flexible - prefer one year renewable