Community Volunteer Leader - Fredrick County
A Community Volunteer Leader is a point of contact for a community or collection of communities with the primary goal of connecting the community with the Red Cross mission.
Under the direction of the Executive Director within Frederick County, this important leadership volunteer will be a point of contact for the community to connect with the American Red Cross in one or more of the following ways:
1. VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT: Help recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive and represents the demographics of the community. As an advocate, represent the Red Cross volunteer needs within the community.
2. RED CROSS PRESENCE & CONNECTIVITY: As a credible leader in the community, help represent the community needs and opportunities back to Red Cross Regional Leadership. Utilizes established communication channels to communicate community needs and stay current on Red Cross programs and messaging. To help build / regain presence, serves as the face of Red Cross at local community events.
3. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Cultivate, manage and steward external partner relationships to help create and maintain connections within defined community, managing a portfolio of key stakeholders. Portfolio of relationships within assigned geography will include one or more of the following: elected
officials, key government agencies, community groups, faith-based; colleges/universities, civic, NGOs/NPOs, military organizations.
4. MISSION DELIVERY SUPPORT UNDER THE DIRECTION OF REGIONAL LEADERSHIP: Promote and facilitate opportunities across all relevant lines of service within assigned geography. Leverage social capital and relationships to expand local Red Cross mission in support of regional goals and objectives.
* A natural connector; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross.
* Strong communication skills, one-on-one or with groups
* Credible individual with knowledge of and influence in the community
* Demonstrated interest in promoting volunteerism
* Individual willing to leverage personal and professional social capital to promote Red Cross mission.
* Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations with a wide variety of people successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
* Sensitive to diversity issues
* Commitment to the American Red Cross its
values and an understanding of its objectives, organization, services, and the responsibilities and relationships of working with volunteers
* Ability to work in a variety of roles, including those of consultant, collaborator, and administrator
* Comfortable with use of email, web, and social media tools (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
Ten to twenty hours a month. Flexible - prefer one year renewable
Please provide an updated resume for consideration.
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Fredrick CountyFredrick county, MD 21709
October 26, 2021
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ten to twenty hours a month. Flexible - prefer one year renewable