RANDOM ACTS INC
We are looking for an experienced photo editor to coordinate assignments with a virtual team of volunteers by selecting, editing, and positioning photos for print and web-based projects.
A successful candidate will be able to collaborate and communicate with leadership and multidisciplinary teams to decide which photos will be published and ensure deadlines are met.
You should be able to identify and curate high-quality photo content to compliment text in a creative way. Note there is no travel required or expected for this position. It is expected that the applicant will already have access to the equipment and programs required to complete the job. Software/hardware will not be provided by Random Acts.
- Coordinate with leadership, fellow multimedia team members, as well as other teams across the organization to identify photography needs.
- Review photos submitted by team members and external sources for quality.
- Decide, in coordination with other departments and leadership, which images to publish.
- Photo editing and manipulation to achieve the highest quality images, when necessary.
- Advise on future projects' photography needs to help produce new and relevant content.
- Help create a portfolio of stock images.
- Work to manage, organize, and maintain a digital library of assets and archives.
- Stay up to date with new image editing technologies, software, and trends.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proven work experience as a photographer or photo editor.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating photo editing skills.
- Ability to edit photos for composition, contrast, exposure, and color correction, as well as familiarity with file type and size management.
- Creative eye with an understanding of visual storytelling.
- Willingness to work with and create stock photography.
- Extensive experience with and access to industry standard photo editing software.
- Time-management and multitasking skills.
- Degree in photography, visual arts, digital media or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.