Alameda District Membership Chair
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
POSITION CONCEPT: Responsible to the district chair to recruit and build a volunteer committee structure to ensure steady, balanced, membership growth throughout the district, paying particular attention to areas of special need, while maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with chartered organizations and other community and youth-serving groups within the district’s territory.
- Develop a plan to achieve the annual membership goals, including new-unit organization, Tiger Cub graduation, Webelos transition, fall roundup, spring and fall School Night for Scouting programs, and other membership programs as needed.
- Monitor achievement on a monthly basis; be alert to deviations or trends that demand a response; strive to maintain monthly balanced growth and improved membership retention in all programs.
- Attend district committee meetings, reporting in the field of responsibility, while lending expertise to the decision-making process.
- Gather annual school enrollment statistics in order to determine market penetration as an aid for determining new-unit organization needs.
- Give attention to youth with special needs, those in rural areas, those in low-income areas, etc.
- Develop and expand relationships between chartered organizations and the district.
- Cultivate community organizations, groups, and associations that might become chartered organizations or support Scouting in other ways.
- Conduct, as needed, relationships conferences and chartered organization representative training.
- Support the religious emblems program of chartered organizations.
- Conduct a community organization survey, listing all community organizations with interests within the district territory, surveying their needs and desires regarding young people and their ability to organize one or more units.
- Meet with the council membership chair at the council’s coordinated committee meetings to plan, share ideas, and for training.
- Help develop and achieve the goals in the membership area to help the district improve in the Journey to Excellence membership criteria annually.
About BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
800 ELLINWOOD WAY, PLEASANT HILL, CA 94523, US
Character development, leadership development, citizenship training, and personal fitness for our youth.
To provide programs for our youth to further the aims of Scouting. Our new council was recently founded this past June 1, 2020 and incorporated the San Francisco Bay Area Council, Mount Diablo Silverado Council and Alamedea Council