Alameda District Special Events Chair
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
POSITION CONCEPT: The special event category is a very important piece of the district’s overall fundraising efforts. As important as it is as a fundraising event, it is equally important in increasing the visibility and public awareness of the district in our communities.
- Accept responsibility for achieving the special events goal.
- Assist in developing a list for attendance, special guests, and table hosts.
- Take the lead in identifying and recruiting the county/district honoree.
- Attend and participate in all steering committee meetings (orientation, table/ticket sales kickoff, progress report, and post-dinner critique).
- Responsible for the timely recruiting of enough table/ticket salespersons to cover previous attendees as well as new prospects (Prospects may include award recipients’ friends and associates, previous contributors, selected suppliers, customers, or contractors. Other sources may be political, alumni, fraternal, and social associates; country club lists; directory of directors; Who’s Who; chamber of commerce; and/or industrial directories.)
- Coordinate table/ticket sales efforts with other district fundraising efforts to maximize annual donor participation in all fundraising activities and to avoid duplication of solicitation.
- Preside at all meetings of the committee for planning, sharing ideas, and problem solving.
- Keep the table/ticket sales effort on schedule through ongoing communications with each table/ticket salesperson.
- Assist in promotion of the event through the use of all county/district media outlets.
- Keep the fund development chair informed of table/ticket sales efforts through ongoing communication and reports of sales.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of table hosts/ticket salespersons and make changes as necessary to achieve the goal.
- Responsible for the post-dinner collection of any outstanding table/ticket sale monies.
About BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
800 ELLINWOOD WAY, PLEASANT HILL, CA 94523, US
Character development, leadership development, citizenship training, and personal fitness for our youth.
To provide programs for our youth to further the aims of Scouting. Our new council was recently founded this past June 1, 2020 and incorporated the San Francisco Bay Area Council, Mount Diablo Silverado Council and Alamedea Council