53 people are interested
Mentor (Pathways Youth Program)
ORGANIZATION: FOUR CORNERS GROUP INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
53 people are interested
Four Corners team members dedicate time and a listening ear to offer hope to youth in crisis while helping them discover the pathway to becoming a thriving adult. Our mentors are a vital part of our team and this discovery process. Mentors spend an average of 3-5 hours each month with their mentees and are expected to walk the journey with each student for at least one year. As a mentor you may assist with career exploration, goal setting, or simply sharing your personal experiences from your life journey that are appropriate for the student.
The mentor application process will include a background check and personality assessment in order to make the best match possible for you and the student. Prospective mentors may also be asked for a list of references and to schedule an interview with appropriate Pathways staff. Upon approval, mentors will attend a 2 hour orientation class in addition to 6 more hours of mentor coaching during the 12 month commitment period.
- Empower student to resolve current issues & develop coping strategies for the future
- Use clear communication and set appropriate boundaries to model a healthy relationship
- Acknowledge student’s strengths and talents / encourage them to discover how to use them
- Be an active listener, offering support and encouragement when appropriate
- Engage in activities outside of the home to expose student to new opportunities (mentor is NOT allowed to take student to his/her home)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Completed background check and training
- Ability to set boundaries with others
- Willingness to provide emotional, social and practical support within limits
- Acknowledgement that all people have strengths and need to discover how to use them
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FOUR CORNERS GROUP INC
6310 Hotel St, Austell, GA 30106, US
Restoring hope to youth in crisis by providing pathways to thriving adulthood.
Four Corners Group seeks to decrease juvenile recidivism and end the school-to-prison pipeline by providing youth with education, support, and empowerment to realize their full potential and live successful lives. We serve youth who are:
- Historically underserved and facing challenges
- Attending Title I schools
- Dropped out of school
- Enrolled in an alternative school
- Recently released from juvenile detention centers
- Currently involved in the juvenile court system or juvenile facilities
Through prevention, intervention, and restoration we work to provide pathways to a thriving adulthood.
Multiple locations Austell, GA 30106
June 30, 2023
- General Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Mentors spend an average of 3-5 hours each month with their mentees and are expected to walk the journey with each student for at least one year.