International Student Exchange is seeking volunteer host families in and around the areas of Portland, Vancouver, Salem, and Olympia for high school exchange students beginning in January and August 2021.
When you host an international exchange student with ISE, you’re doing more than making his or her dream come true. As a host family, you also:
Enrich your family, local high school, and community with valuable new ideas and perspectives.
Increase the mutual understanding between people of different cultures.
Encourage peaceful relationships between the United States and other countries around the world.
Create meaningful friendships for yourself, your family, and the people in your community.
Help educate the leaders of tomorrow so that they may develop into service-minded, well-rounded global citizens.
Our students come from over 90 countries around the world. They are eager to learn about your way of life and share their culture with you. The students are in grades 9-12 and attend your local high school. They speak English, have their own insurance, and spending money.
Throughout ISE's many years, our mission has come to mean many things. As we embrace the beginning of the 21st century, the International Student Exchange Board of Directors and Management team have placed the following as part of the mission emphasis:
1. Tomorrow's leaders are today's children of the world; they come from all backgrounds, nationalities, and beliefs.
2. Teachers, schools, Host Families, natural families, representatives (International and American), and the host community are all partners in the educational process.
3. International Student Exchange believes that true leadership begins
with a commitment to service. We encourage all program participants
to live a life of service with integrity, dignity, and a dedication to a
belief system greater than ourselves.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE SERVES THIS MISSION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
1. We have many students from less developed countries as well as third world countries. We offer programs at a lower cost in these countries. We are looking at various ways in which we can encourage more minorities to host foreign students.
2. Through our training programs, newsletters, and orientations, International Student Exchange actively provides education to all participants. Increasing cultural awareness and celebrating our similarities, as well as our differences, are major thrusts of our program.
ISE was founded in 1982 and has been dedicated to the students as well as the Host Families.
ISE is a non-profit organization based on Long Island, New York.
In 2009 DM Discoveries (DMD), IntoEdVentures (INTO), and ASA International were merged with ISE.
ISE accepts highly qualified and screened students from over forty countries.
ISE is dedicated to promoting world peace through developing, sponsoring, and bringing together foreign teens with volunteer Host Families.
ISE is designated by the United States Department of State to be an exchange visitor program authorized to provide the application for the J-1 VISA.
On the Basis of materials submitted and reviewed, ISE has consistently been granted listing by the Council of Standards for International Educational Travel (csiet) which indicates a high level of professionalism and respect within the foreign exchange industry
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
36 Park AvenueBayvshore, NY11706
September 15, 2020
Driver's License Needed
Must be at least 25
Students stay for one or two school semesters. Our upcoming programs include January 2021-June 2021, January 2021-December 2021, August 2021-December 2021 or August 2021-June 2022
Host family must be willing to accept student into their home as a member of their family and be able to provide a bed, family meals, encouragement, and transportation to activities associated with school.