Project Lockdown: Events Manager
Project Lockdown (The IO Foundation)
We are looking for an Event Planner for our Communications team who will research future events that Project Lockdown might participate in and help plan and prepare for them. This role will be a good fit if:
- you have experience in event planning in the non-profit realm,
- you are or have been an active participant in events related to human and digital rights or public health,
- you are connected with groups or organizations that are regularly involved with events related to human and digital rights,
- you are excited about researching future events like conferences, seminars, and lectures that Project Lockdown could participate in, and enjoy the possibility of crafting similar events internally or in partnership with other organizations,
- you have excellent communication skills and are comfortable reaching out to and engaging with potential collaborators,
- you are interested in Project Lockdown and want to contribute to its goals!
If you have any of the above skills (or combination thereof) and would like to explore this role, send us a message telling us a little about yourself and why you would like to get involved!
About Project Lockdown (The IO Foundation)
Riia tn 128, TArtu, Estonia 50411, CA
Project Lockdown maps the different Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions enforced by governments across the globe in response to the COVID-19 crisis in order to visualize the success of different pandemic response measures, monitor effects on Human and Digital Rights, and clarify evaluation metrics.
Lockdown, quarantine, and isolation measures have been implemented across the globe to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its strain on medical infrastructure. Project Lockdown is an open-source interactive map that empowers citizens, journalists, and human rights workers to easily analyze the social and political effects of these measures.
We are a global team of volunteers and developed the Beta map during the #EUvsVirus hackathon in late-April, where we won second place for the "Protection of Citizens & Democracy" challenge, and have since launched publicly! Our growing team consists of Data Scientists, Editors, Designers, and Web Developers, and we have support teams in Human Resources, Resource Allocation, Documentation, and Marketing and Communications. We foresee long-term viability for this project and welcome international volunteers!
Check out our interactive map at: https://projectlockdown.world/.