Shelter Volunteer- Elizabeth City, NC
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross- Eastern North Carolina
Please visit the new page to apply.
Sheltering Service Volunteer
The Shelter Service Volunteer is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and assist disaster clients. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Following worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embodying the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders and partners
- Providing excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Using the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training (3 hours of training total)
Time Commitment: Shifts during time of need. Availability to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
Note: Every precaution is taken at shelters to ensure the safety of volunteers and clients with PPE provided.Due to COVID-19 our need for shelter volunteers has increased to adequately serve our local communities during disasters. We need you!
Register today! Visit www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
Find out more! To learn about this, and other ways to serve with the Red Cross, please contact the Volunteer Services team at ENCrecruit@redcross.org
About American Red Cross- Eastern North Carolina
100 North Peartree Lane, Raleigh, NC 27610, US
The Red Cross, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors--in its international and national capacity--to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being.
The American Red Cross (ARC), also known as The American National Red Cross, is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education in the United States.
VariesElizabeth City, NC 27906
March 31, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18