Help! Victoria County Needs Sheltering Team Associates/Supervisors
American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
* Assessing evacuation and post-evacuation shelters for accessibility and assisting with solutions of noted issues.
* Coordinating with governmental and community partners, other functions and activities to meet the disaster-related access and functional needs of individuals, families, and communities.
* Training disaster operations workforce, including EBVs, on supporting clients and co-workers with disabilities and others with access and functional needs.
* Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
* Providing feedback on disaster impact and community recovery, collecting essential elements of information.
* Providing accurate reporting of disability integration activity as assigned.
* Varies depending on regional projects and priorities
* follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
* adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
* be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
* work toward service associate position in at least one Mass Care activity
* Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview (Required)
* Mass Care: An Overview (Required)
* Fundamental courses for all Mass Care activities strongly recommended
Works closely with all other Mass Care workers to ensure team goals are achieved.
Length of Appointment-ongoing depending on disaster relief operation.
* Take the Mass Care Management 2017 course.
* Take training and gain experience required to serve as:
* Feeding, Sheltering, Reunification, or DES worker during operations.
* Mass Care Regional Program Lead or Mass Care Chapter/Territory Coordinator
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.