Social Media Specialist
Cloud Dancers Therapeutic Horsemanship Program Inc
Social Media Specialist
Purpose: Develop and implement our social media strategy that increases our on-line presence, improves our marketing efforts, promotes customer engagement, brand awareness, social media campaigns, increased ridership and financial support of organization.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience with planning & managing social media, including analytical tools
Good working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, as well as, Hootsuite Pro & other related scheduling and posting software.
Versatile, creative writer familiar with SEO
Good Communicator, listener and team player
Organized and detail oriented
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategy on day-to-day basis.
- Create consistent and meaningful content for various social media platforms, including photos and videos.
- Write, edit and post to social media, keeping in mind outlets, days, times and frequency of posts at least 2 - 3 times a week or more.
- Develop, maintain and incorporate appropriate hashtags for Instagram.
- Communicate with social media followers, including timely responses.
- Using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro and Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate Cloud Dancers’ social medial presence and performance.
- Prepare monthly reports to Board on social media efforts and outcomes and recommendations for change to achieve optimal results.
- Design creative and engaging monthly Rider Newsletter (Horsin’ Around) in Mailchimp and distribute to riders, volunteers and staff. Work with board and staff on creative monthly content, including photos, videos, games, puzzles, crafts, education, Cloud Dancers events & activities and more.
- All other duties as may be assigned
About Cloud Dancers Therapeutic Horsemanship Program Inc
P.O. Box 14058, Albuquerque, NM 87191, US
To provide equine-assisted activities to individuals with physical, developmental, emotional and/or social needs through innovative riding, vaulting and ground programs.
Cloud Dancers Therapeutic Horsemanship Program, Inc. (Cloud Dancers) was founded in 1982 to address the needs of individuals with disabilities, age 5 and older, through fun and beneficial riding activities and bonds with special horses. We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization located in Corrales, New Mexico.
Our PATH (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship) certified instructors and trained volunteers work with families in developing goals and implementing fun activities that booster self-esteem and confidence, improve flexibility, balance, core & muscle strength, hand-eye coordination, social and communication skills, ability to follow instructions, and more. While improving quality of life, riders are developing bonds with horses who are intuitive, non-judgmental and loving and are having fun. Many of our riders call Cloud Dancer "their happy place".
Imagine a young man with Cerebral Palsy who has been in a wheel chair most of his life, riding atop a 1,000 pound horse, with his hands in the air, shouting "I'm free". As a volunteer with Cloud Dancers, you will experience as much joy and benefit as our riders do.
Volunteer positions include working hands-on with horses and riders, as well as administrative support roles in social media, photography & videography, data entry & statistical gathering, maintenance and grounds, marketing and fund raising.