Success Volunteer. Help adults earn their GED!
Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
PLEASE NOTE: Pima College is mostly closed and most classes are online. In order to volunteer you need reliable internet, a device, and knowledge and comfort using platforms such as Google, Zoom, Skype, etc.
Overview: The Success Volunteer is an integral part of the GED Success Class assisting students during and after class with technology, class projects, homework, leading small group discussion, and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Basic and intermediate math skills
- Willingness to work with learners from different backgrounds, cultures, abilities and learning levels
- Patient, adaptable and flexible
- Works well in a group setting and individually
- Responsible, takes initiative
About Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
1255 North Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85709, US
The mission of Pima Community College is to be an open-admissions institution providing affordable, comprehensive educational opportunities that support student success and meet the diverse needs of its students and community.
Pima College Adult Basic Education for College and Career (ABECC) offers free, non-credit high school equivalency, English language and citizenship classes.
Classes are offered year-round in continuous 10-week sessions, at three learning centers, at Pima College campuses, and at community sites.
Volunteers are essential to fulfilling our mission and we welcome inquiries from community members who want to help the thousands of adult students we serve each year.