Social Media Internship
EnCourage Kids Foundation
enCourage Kids Foundation seeks an enthusiastic intern to support and assist the organization in their marketing and social media efforts.
For 35 years, enCourage Kids Foundation has helped humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community. Serving nearly one million children annually, our programs offer relief from the constant burden of treatment, hospital stays, and doctor appointments, while also helping pediatric facilities to meet the unique needs of their patients. enCourage Kids envisions a world where every child-regardless of the difficulty of his or her medical journey-experiences joy, hope, resilience, and healing.
Internship Title: Social Media Internship
Location: Remote Work
Duration: Fall Semester with opportunity to stay on for the spring. Dates and days are flexible to accommodate class schedules. Minimum commitment 8-20 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curate, research, design, and write blog articles
- Perform research on best marketing and social media practices
- Create effective and engaging graphics
- Manage all social media accounts: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Analytics reporting for website and all social media accounts
- Manage and edit content calendar
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Advanced computer skills and strong familiarity with the web
- Detail-oriented and organized, especially with working remote
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Quick learned who listens and asks good questions
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work. This means you are willing to put in the effort/time required to get the job "done right", not "done right now".
- Access to a laptop that can be used with Adobe Creative Cloud programs
Candidates should be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
enCourage Kids offers a supportive, hands-on working environment where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. This internship is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading children’s charity in New York City, gain valuable non-profit knowledge and contribute to an incredible cause. Interns can receive school credit where applicable and a letter of recommendation upon completion.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any writing/design samples with semester availability to: Mallory Humphries at email@example.com and reference "Social Media Internship" in the subject line.
About EnCourage Kids Foundation
1560 Broadway, Suite 600, New York, NY 10036, US
enCourage Kids Foundation helps humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community.
enCourage Kids is a non-profit, that helps to humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community. We provide resources, tools, and direct support to 285 hospital partners across the country to help to improve the health and well-being of their pediatric patients and make hospitals a better place to get better. This includes art, music, and pet therapies, sending entertainers to provide distraction for children at their bedsides, sending cuddly Bears to young patients for comfort, and more.
Additionally, we offer family outings for children facing medical challenges that help them to connect with others like them and take a break from their daily stresses. We envision a world where every child-regardless of the difficulty of his or her medical journey-experiences joy, hope, resilience, and healing.