Rodgers Tavern Museum
The Rodgers Tavern Museum seeks outgoing and friendly volunteers to greet visitors coming into the museum and help provide a welcoming presence to visitors. The primary role as a Museum Greeter is to ensure a positive experience for our guests as they check-in at the front desk. Greeters handle all customer transactions including visitor reservations, special event ticketing, and store merchandise and inventory. This position was created as part of the Museum's reopening efforts.
● Enthusiastically engage with and greet visitors when checking them into the museum
● Help walk-up visitors make reservations to tour the museum
● Recording visitor numbers
● Share information about new and upcoming museum events and programs
● Maintain brochures and handouts at the front desk
● Accurately handle cash and credit card transactions for special events / gift shop purchases
● Be familiar with gift shop inventory in order to sell and answer customer questions
● Assist with restocking the gift shop, general museum cleaning, and other projects as assigned
● Answering phones
● Maintain a neat and professional appearance
● Politely but assertively remind visitors of the museum’s mask, no touching, no food and drink policies
● Assist with crowd control when necessary
● Abide by all museum policies and procedures
● Record volunteer time after each shift
● Communicate any potential or active issues to the museum director
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rodgers Tavern Museum
259 Broad Street, Perryville, MD 21903, US
Rodgers Tavern, a vital link along one of the most important roadways in America's early history, preserves and shares the inimitable stores of tavern residents and travelers through dynamic, engaging experiences that encourage exploration of our area's rich cultural and natural legacy.
The famous and not so famous stayed at this vital link along an important roadway in American history. The museum share their unique stories.
The Rodgers Tavern Museum welcomes volunteers for many different kinds of work. There are opportunities for volunteers to help with museum collections, serve as history guides to help visitors explore the past, assist with special events, contribute to social media channels and work in the gift shop. The museum needs volunteers with a variety of skills in public relations, administration, retail sales, and cataloging and documenting museum collections.
Some of the benefits volunteers receive include, but are not limited to:
- access to advanced ticket sales
- free or reduced rates to enrichment workshops and lectures
- meet and work with outstanding people who share a common interest
- letter of reference for school or job applications