Volunteers wanted to write and send letters and cards to hospice patients
Encompass Health- Hospice of Albertville
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Letters / Card Volunteers
Thank you for considering volunteer with Encompass Health - Hospice! Volunteers serve our hospice patients and their families by doing letters and cards for hospice patients. Duties can be accomplished in the home of the volunteer.
Cards and Letters with the purpose of spreading joy and cheer in the lives of terminally- ill patients. Patients and their loved ones express sincere gratitude that "someone would take the time to write to them". Your letters and cards will bring happiness to those that need it most.
- Birthday & Holiday Cards: send letters or cards patients on their birthdays or on holidays to provide emotional support, to let them know we are thinking about them and care for them during the holiday season. (we can provide the letters, envelopes, and stamps if needed)
- "Thinking of you" or encouragement cards to patients and or their families, to provide emotional support. (we can provide the letters, envelopes, and stamps if needed)
- Bereavement Cards: Send bereavement cards to family members of past hospice patients to encourage them (we can provide the cards, envelopes, and stamps)
- Bereavement mail outs : Send bereavement cards to family members of past hospice patients to encourage and remind them of our free support offered by our trained staff (we provide the letters, brochures, envelopes, and stamps)
- A time log will be provided for documentation. We provide a free training for all of our volunteers. I look forward to hearing from you today! Crissy H. Faulkner, BSW Volunteer Coordinator
About Encompass Health- Hospice of Albertville
9044 Highway 431 North, Albertville, AL 35950, US
At Encompass Health, we are committed to delivering the highest quality care to our patients. From inpatient rehabilitation to home-based care, we’re with our patients for every step of their post-acute journey. Our clinical collaboration and cutting-edge treatments ensure patients receive the best care for their needs at all times. We’re proud to say our approach helps patients achieve better outcomes. We believe integrated care delivery across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. We exist to provide a better way to care that elevates expectations and outcomes.
Encompass Health-Hospice seeks kind individuals to support patients and families during a most difficult time.
At Encompass Health we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration encouraging and empowering each employee and volunteer to keep learning and growing together. Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
Our experienced team understands the complexity of issues and feelings that surround hospice care and end of life. Our care process is designed to maximize our patient’s quality of life and offer our patients and their love ones comfort, support and guidance when facing a terminal illness
Our Goal is to provide a sense of dignity and peace for our patients, while controlling pain, minimizing discomfort and managing symptoms. We also prioritize emotional and spiritual needs, guiding our patients and their loved one through the end-of-life process.