Special Project Volunteer Needed for Hospice Patients
Encompass Health- Hospice of Albertville
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Special Project volunteers use their talents to support Encompass hospice patients indirectly through arts, crafts, gifts, baking, and etc. This type of volunteer is an indirect patient volunteer (do not go into patient's homes). Tasks can be completed at home, delivered to office or picked up by staff. Items will be delivered by a staff member to patient's homes.
We welcome students, individuals, and families to participate as Special Project Volunteers.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Homemade cards, or crafts, making lap blankets, prayer shawls, or "busy blankets" for patients with dementia
- Sew a memory bear, pillow or quilt made from a loved ones’ articles of clothes for a bereaved caregiver
- Sew face masks for our staff, patients, and their caregivers
- Prepare items, such flower arrangements or goodie bags for special events for patients such as birthday celebrations
- Bake cakes, cookies for celebrations, birthdays, anniversaries, and/or holidays.
- Donate bulk items or small completed gift bags with new items for patients such as: lotion, hand sanitizer, tissues, chap stick, brush/comb, essential oils, deck of cards, crossword puzzle, coloring book with colors, poems/small books, Socks with skid proof bottoms, blankets, small pillows with pillow cases, gloves, hats, art for walls or side tables
- Donate nonperishable food items for staff to deliver to patients
- The possibilities are endless!!!!
We look forward to hearing from you today!
Crissy H. Faulkner, BSW
Volunteer Coordinator @ Encompass Health
About Encompass Health- Hospice of Albertville
9044 Highway 431 North, Albertville, AL 35950, US
At Encompass Health, we are committed to delivering the highest quality care to our patients. From inpatient rehabilitation to home-based care, we’re with our patients for every step of their post-acute journey. Our clinical collaboration and cutting-edge treatments ensure patients receive the best care for their needs at all times. We’re proud to say our approach helps patients achieve better outcomes. We believe integrated care delivery across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. We exist to provide a better way to care that elevates expectations and outcomes.
Encompass Health-Hospice seeks kind individuals to support patients and families during a most difficult time.
At Encompass Health we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration encouraging and empowering each employee and volunteer to keep learning and growing together. Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
Our experienced team understands the complexity of issues and feelings that surround hospice care and end of life. Our care process is designed to maximize our patient’s quality of life and offer our patients and their love ones comfort, support and guidance when facing a terminal illness
Our Goal is to provide a sense of dignity and peace for our patients, while controlling pain, minimizing discomfort and managing symptoms. We also prioritize emotional and spiritual needs, guiding our patients and their loved one through the end-of-life process.