DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Summers Home for Hope
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
The seven points below outline the major responsibilities of the board of directors for what we're looking for.
1) Recruit, supervise, retain, evaluate, and compensate the manager. Recruiting, supervising, retaining, evaluating, and compensating the CEO or general manager are probably the most important functions of the board of directors. Value-added business boards need to aggressively search for the best possible candidate for this position. Actively searching within your industry can lead to the identification of very capable people. Don’t fall into the trap of hiring someone to manage the business because he/she is out of work and needs a job. Another major error of value-added businesses is under-compensating the manager. Managerial compensation can provide good financial payoff in terms of attracting top candidates who will bring financial success to the value-added business.
2) Provide direction for the organization. The board has a strategic function in providing the vision, mission, and goals of the organization. These are often determined in combination with the CEO or general manager of the business.
3) Establish a policy-based governance system. The board has the responsibility of developing a governance system for the business. The articles of governance provide a framework but the board develops a series of policies. This refers to the board as a group and focuses on defining the rules of the group and how it will function. In a sense, it’s no different than a club. The rules that the board establishes for the company should be policy-based. In other words, the board develops policies to guide its own actions and the actions of the manager. The policies should be broad and not rigidly defined as to allow the board and manager leeway in achieving the goals of the business.
4) Govern the organization and its relationship with the CEO. Another responsibility of the board is to develop a governance system. The governance system involves how the board interacts with the general manager or CEO. Periodically the board interacts with the CEO during meetings of the board of directors. Typically that is done with a monthly board meeting, although some boards have switched to meetings three to four times a year, or maybe eight times a year. In the interim between these meetings, the board is kept informed through phone conferences or postal mail.
5) Fiduciary duty to protect the organization’s assets and member’s investment. The board has a fiduciary responsibility to represent and protect the member’s/investor’s interest in the company. So the board has to make sure the assets of the company are kept in good order. This includes the company’s plant, equipment, and facilities, including the human capital (people who work for the company.)
6) Monitor and control function. The board of directors has a monitoring and control function. The board is in charge of the auditing process and hires the auditor. It is in charge of making sure the audit is done in a timely manner each year.
5 More opportunities with Summers Home for Hope1 Review
About Summers Home for Hope
2 Brookline Boulevard, Havertown, PA 19083, US
Summers Home for Hope™ mission is to provide housing and social services to women & children suffering from homelessness, hunger & poverty. We are a driven foundation which focuses on the creation of customized initiatives and programs to address the needs of today’s people.
Dealing with the challenges of today requires problem-solvers who bring different perspectives and are willing to take risks. Summers Home For Hope Inc. emerged out of a pursuit to inspire and support the community, and a desire for actions to speak louder than words. Established in 2018, we’re an organization driven by progressive ideas, bold actions, and a strong foundation of support. We provide social services including, Job development and housing for women and children in danger of becoming homeless. We help them secure housing, achieve self- suffiency, and make new journeys for their futures. As a well established provider, we will provide a safe haven for women and children within the Philadelphia and suburban community. Our main goal is to create better futures for women and children. We believe that no woman or child should ever experience the trauma of homelessness. Based on over two decades of experience, we have a holistic strategy to help women and children who are in jeopardy of becoming homeless or unemployed.
7100 West Chester PikeSuite 2Upper Darby, PA 19082
April 26, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 years