40 people are interested
UN Women USA LA Internship Program for students and YP
ORGANIZATION: UN Women USA LA Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
UN Women USA LA Internship High School and Young Professional Event Interns
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of global women and girls? Are you eager to create a safer, more equitable world for women and girls?
About UN Women
UN Women is the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women was created to accelerate progress on meeting the needs of underserved women & girls worldwide.
About UN Women USA LA
UN Women USA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
Call for Volunteers!
UN Women USA LA advocates on behalf of UN Women locally throughout the Los Angeles region. UN Women USA LA is accepting applications for interns who aspire to be a part of an inspiring team dedicated to supporting UN Women projects that span 100 countries around the globe! Find us on social media @UNWomenLA
All interns reports directly to the Internship Coordinators and will have an opportunity to work as a young professional/University level intern or with our high school internship program.
All Interns are responsible for the following:
- Learn about UN Women programs, policies, and projects;
- Attend weekly meetings with their cohort;
- Work collaboratively with Chapter committees to organize relevant chapter related events and actions; organizing fundraising opportunities in support of the Chapter
- have strong interest to learn about UN Women;
- have a passion for the United Nations Women, Women's rights, and social justice;
- have some experience or strong interest in the nonprofit sector/organizational management;
- have experience collaborating with in teams and preferably a team of interns;
- be organized, detail-oriented, and personable;
- have strong writing and oral communication skills or the interest to develop said skills;
- be based locally (i.e., in the Greater Los Angeles area);
- have the ability to correspond regularly via email, telephone/video chat, and in-person meetings
- Time Requirement: 5-10 hours/week
- Willingness to complete the entire internship program. This internship is a 3 month internship program. We require all interns to complete the entire three months.
How To Apply
All applicants are requested to send the following materials;
2. Letter of Interest (A paragraph describing your interest in the internship program and what you feel you can bring to our chapter as a intern).
Please email all materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Internship Program Application (HS or YP/UNI)"
Apply now - We look forward to reading your submissions!
FOR MORE INFO/INQUIRIES:
Visit our website at https://unwomenusa.org/greaterla
Like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UNWOMENLA
We look forward to hearing from you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About UN Women USA LA Chapter
2 Washington Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403, US
UN Women USA LA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA is a multi-community-based effort. As such, we maintain relevance to local women in the community, in a manner that is sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible. The Chapter strives to actualize an identifiable connection between local and global concerns put into practice by our projects, programs and advocacy efforts. This includes research, education and advocacy for underserved women and girls in support of international programs for UN Women. We endeavor to partner with private and public sectors, non-for-profit organizations and concerned individuals in order to raise awareness and support for UN Women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 2, 2022
- Group Facilitation
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- approx. 5-10/ wk
- Interest in United Nations Women, passionate for UN Women, women rights, and social justice, some experience in non profit organization or organization management, team leader