OTPR: Head of Outreach Programs
The Head of Outreach Programs assesses trends in STEM education and enrichment programs, and works closely with Community and College Engagement to recommend JerseySTEM Outreach offerings. The Head of OTPR oversees and provides direction to STEM program design teams that design or acquire curriculum for delivery to middle school students in after-school enrichment programs.
- Manage and coach Outreach Program design teams, ensuring volunteers have needed resources and support
- Collaborate with Community and College Engagement to define program goals, content, and delivery methods in support of the JerseySTEM mission
- Oversee and provide direction for development of unique and interactive educational programs for students.
- Oversee the review of curriculum, teaching, and learning strategies for courses ensuring all new curriculum meet defined standards
- Oversee the training of college student coaches who deliver the Outreach Programs, including orientation, training and workshops
- Recommend curriculum standards and Outreach Program outcome metrics, and oversee tracking of curriculum outcomes
- Engage with and manage relationships with curriculum providers such as: the Boston Museum of Science; Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy; Stevens’s CIESE; NJIT’s Future Ready Schools; Tata’s goIT
Other duties include
- Hold weekly department meeting with Curriculum writers and other team members
- Interview potential volunteers
- Attend bi-monthly Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure organization and all volunteers follow proper finance procedure as set forth by you and your team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in educational, STEM, management, or related field
- Experience managing a function, department or team
- Experience developing or delivering STEM curricula a plus
- Genuine concern about/interest in solving the gender gap and opportunity gap in STEM education
- Willing to volunteer advice and opinion
JerseySTEM uses G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA and Slack
JerseySTEM is a virtual, it requires access to a personal computer, cell and WiF
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.