Grant Writer (Volunteer)
Global Outreach Doctors
Grant Writer (Volunteer)
Development Director and/or President
The Grant Writer is a volunteer position that reports directly to the Development Director and will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process; and the management of proposals and maintaining of a donor database.
Qualification and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in research and grant management
- Track record of drafting and submitting successful proposals to institutional donors and family foundations
- Extensive experience in grant prospecting, including research of new funding opportunities and maintaining an active donor database
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- High proficiency with Google Suite
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants, specifically from institutional and family foundations
- Develop and maintain a proposal calendar
- Design and draft proposals in collaboration with relevant Operations volunteers, program partners and President
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
- Coordinate donor reporting, including narrative and financial requirements
- Support the Development Director and President on additional fundraising efforts and outreach as needed
About Global Outreach Doctors
unpublished, Santa Fe, NM 87540, US
We're a humanitarian organization of dedicated medical professionals providing international healthcare, canine search and rescue and portable satelite communications in disaster regions.
With only 1 doctor for every 20,000 people in Africa alone, our organization is an important addition to other NGO's providing medical care globally. GoDocs is different than other providers because we deploy with canine search and rescue assets along side medical practitioners to be a complete service from rescue to definitive medical care. We also uniquely offer both eastern and western medical practitioners, providing a much more wide ranging medical service. In addition, deploying with portable SATCOM allows our organization to alert the world of the needs and conditions on the ground. GoDocs also provides healthcare in non disaster areas affected by high infant mortality, famine and disease. More info at Globaloutreachdoctors.org website.