Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking local, greater Dayton area applicants but will also consider virtual applicants, outside the area. The position is virtual either way (no reporting location), but knowledge of the Dayton area for at least one candidate is important. An experienced professional is desired, but will definitely work with the right students, in HR and other diversity-related fields.
- Motivated and passionate about connecting resources and improving lives and families
- Networking experience
- Experience in simple research and perhaps, some basic data entry
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent spoken communication skills are required for certain candidates who could make professional networking contacts and appointments
- Knowledge of the Christian faith is preferred
- Knowledge or experience with HR, diversity and inclusion, including training, is preferred
- Knowledge or experience with addiction, mental health issues, youth and family challenges are a plus
- If local to Dayton and the greater Miami Valley region, knowledge of the area and relevant organizations is a plus. We would consider an advocate/ambassador by county or groups of area counties - Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Butler, Warren, Clark, etc.
- Develop and implement new programs and practices that will increase diversity among our clients and volunteers
- Provide support and/or education to the leadership team and/or all key volunteers
- Some simple database entry and maintenance (will train, if necessary)
- Phone contact, networking, potential appointment-setting or sharing of other strategic messages
- Interface with other team members potentially, in marketing, HR, development, counseling, etc.
- Will customize the position somewhat, based on the individual candidate, location, interests, skills and experience
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- "Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students