PROGRAM DIRECTOR opportunity at refugees nonprofit!!!
SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
About Mom2Moms : one of SPI’s programs, Moms2Moms supports single migrant mothers with basic needs while also providing safety and empowerment for them and their children. This enables them to build their life gradually while also fostering resilience, taking gradual steps towards integration, and feeling supported by other women. Safe Place is currently operating Moms2Moms shelters, on the island of Lesvos, Athens and Lavrio.
About The Role: The Program Director ensures that the mission of the organization is executed with the highest degree of efficiency following the highest standards of ethics and best practices. The Program Director reports directly to the Operations Director and works in close collaboration with the Casework team and Management Team in creating sustaining systems and operating practices that provide the best overall outcomes to the community members we serve.
- Overseeing and managing the entire Moms2Moms program
- Overseeing 4 shelters across Lesvos, Lavrio, and Athens
- Reviewing and updating budgets
- Financial tracking
- Recruiting, hiring and training new team members
- Overseeing all operations including staff and volunteers within the program
- Attending leadership meetings
- identifying grant opportunities
- Participating in grant needs, including writing
- Supervising accounting and reporting functions
- Maintaining compliance with all governmental and legal entities
- Updating safeguarding, crisis and emergency response procedures
- Monitoring and reporting progress toward short and long term strategic goals
- Developing and overseeing strategic partnerships
- Overseeing daily operations and program long term goals
- Support and advise local and international staff with regards to operations issues.
- Ensure timely reporting and a constant flow of updated information on program support / operations.
What is needed:
- Experience working on the nonprofits sector
- Experience working in Greece (min 1 year)
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in French, Arabic OR Farsi highly preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in Greece as an employee
- Driver's license
- Ability to travel frequently between shelters
- Strong volunteer network for support
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Interest and align with SPI’s mission
What you can expect from us:
- Base salary
- Housing on offer
- Car will be provided
- Strong Management & Executive Leadership Support
- Back office support (legal advisement, accounting and bookkeeping, Executive Assistant(s))
- The Board will support you with long term planning and partnership on increasing organizational resources.
- The Development Director will also work closely with you to source funds needed for both budgeted and non budgeted projects.
The hours will vary but will be a minimum of 10 am - 6 pm
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, BERKELEY, CA 94703, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities, while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
SPI was created in response to an unmet need. Countless refugees in Greece are left without safe shelter and basic services like food and guidance for their future. The most vulnerable groups of these refugees, the LGBTQI+ community and single, pregnant women are widely ignored and face added struggles and dangers. SPI’s mission is to provide food and shelter to double-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the people we serve. SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; a world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us.