Administrative Hospice Volunteer from home
Encompass Health- Hospice of Albertville
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Thank you for considering volunteer with Encompass Health - Hospice!
Administrative Volunteers serve our hospice patients and their families by doing many different tasks. Some of the administrative duties can be accomplished in the home of the volunteer.
These tasks included but are not limited to:
- Putting together goodie bags for special events for patients such as birthday celebrations
- Preparing certificate and goodie bags for Veteran visits
- Working on mailing "thinking of you", birthday, or holiday cards to patients (we can provide the letters, envelopes, and stamps if needed)
- Occasionally assisting the Volunteer Coordinator with presentation preparation, and event planning,
- Providing support for patients and/or caregivers by phone on a regular basis. Especially those how are socially isolated during the pandemic. Documentation of phone calls is necessary for medical records.
- Assemble information packets for patients and their families. (Items can delivered to your home & picked up by staff)
- Preparing bereavement mailings, (we provide the letters, envelopes, and stamps)
We provide a comprehensive, free training for all of our volunteers. I look forward to hearing from you today!
Crissy H. Faulkner, BSW Volunteer Coordinator
About Encompass Health- Hospice of Albertville
9044 Highway 431 North, Albertville, AL 35950, US
At Encompass Health, we are committed to delivering the highest quality care to our patients. From inpatient rehabilitation to home-based care, we’re with our patients for every step of their post-acute journey. Our clinical collaboration and cutting-edge treatments ensure patients receive the best care for their needs at all times. We’re proud to say our approach helps patients achieve better outcomes. We believe integrated care delivery across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. We exist to provide a better way to care that elevates expectations and outcomes.
Encompass Health-Hospice seeks kind individuals to support patients and families during a most difficult time.
At Encompass Health we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration encouraging and empowering each employee and volunteer to keep learning and growing together. Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
Our experienced team understands the complexity of issues and feelings that surround hospice care and end of life. Our care process is designed to maximize our patient’s quality of life and offer our patients and their love ones comfort, support and guidance when facing a terminal illness
Our Goal is to provide a sense of dignity and peace for our patients, while controlling pain, minimizing discomfort and managing symptoms. We also prioritize emotional and spiritual needs, guiding our patients and their loved one through the end-of-life process.