20 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Think Round, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Do you believe Earth is home. Humans are family?
Great opportunity for a grant writer entry to mid-level who is determined to make a difference. This is a virtual opportunity with a potential to become more than a volunteer role after the lock-down.
Think Round, Inc. has been active in arts and art education in San Francisco Bay Area spanning over three decades.
A grant writer for this opportunity would enjoy flexible work from home hours and opportunity to work with other individuals and teams.
- Define, assess and understand our organization's programs, goals, and financial needs through the lens of foundation giving trends
- Maintain the foundation prospect list and continue to identify, vet, and update the list
- Prepare, submit, and corroborate grant proposals to federal, state, and local government agencies and foundations, as well as individual, family, and corporate funders while working closely with our organization’s subject matter experts.
- 2+ years of experience as a grant writer
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to write clear, structured and persuasive proposals.
- Organized, motivated, and curious, and able to work through multiple projects at the same time.
- Have a solid understanding and commitment to our mission.
- Good networking and PR skills.
21 More opportunities with Think Round, Inc.1 Review
About Think Round, Inc.
2140 Bush St. Apt. 1, San Francisco, CA 94115, US
Our mission is to demonstrate life's fullest potential through the arts and sciences, especially where environmental concerns meet neighborhoods.
Think Round, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 2004 by Heidi Hardin. Think Round is also an E-verify employer seeking art students of all types. Heidi is a fine artist who served as an original member of SF’s Hunters Point Shipyard (HPS) artists & the Citizen’s Advisory Committee for Reuse of HPS. Since 1992, Heidi has created & implemented nationally acclaimed art & science programs for children & their families in Bayview Hunters Point. Teaching art & science, & community history, & serving as museum artist at the deYoung, shaped her vision art that tells a multifaceted story of family, faith, community & culture. Think Round’s programs reflect the same core concerns that guide her own artwork: a deep love of humankind & the planet.
The heart of Think Round’s programs is The Human Family Tree/A Walk Through Paradise (Paradise), a multimedia art installation. Paradise is a collaboration of visionaries that includes paintings, original music, & finds common threads in diverse families, ethnicities & cultures. It draws from Hardin’s work: empowering children, youth & families through art & science. A permanent home for Paradise & for related experiential programs that advance Think Round’s commitment to education is The Center for the Human Family. The current form of The Center for the Human Family is Think Round Fine Arts where artists, who champion Think Round values, show & discuss their art. "Earth is home. Humans are family."
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 9, 2023
- Arts Administration
- Grant Writing / Research
- 10 hrs weekly