Graphic Design Volunteer
Ninos de Guatemala
Graphic Design Internship
The mission of Niños de Guatemala is to build a better future for Guatemalan children through education. To continue its mission, the Fundraising and Development Department is looking for a new graphic design volunteer.
The Graphic Design volunteer is an unpaid position that promotes the organization's image locally and internationally. Currently, NDG has a strong presence in the Netherlands, a branch in France, in Guatemala, and recently registered in the US. Wider national and international recognition is a high priority for the Ninos de Guatemala. The Design volunteer will work under the supervision and coaching of the Fundraising manager.
- Design brochures, flyers, posters, and other promotional materials for various programs of NDG.
- Update the website (through a user-friendly interface software).
- Update NDG profiles on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with information about NDG, Guatemala, events, education, etc.
- Assist in the writing and design of the social media posts.
- Actively network with publications and organizations in Guatemala and abroad
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- University studies preferably in communication, journalism, marketing, graphic design or web design
- A responsible, creative and independent work attitude
- Proficient computer skills
- Dedication to NDG's mission and orientation to its goals
- English and/or Spanish
- Proficiency in photography and videography including editing and production
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Weekly meetings with direct supervisor
- The opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children
- Letters of recommendation
To learn more about our programs, please refer to http://www.ninosdeguatemala.org.
About Ninos de Guatemala
4 calle Oriente #28, Antigua, Sacatepequez 301, GT
NDG is a Dutch-Guatemalan nonprofit working to break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala by providing quality education to those who need it most. Since our founding in 2006, we have opened two primary schools and one Secondary school, Nuestro Futuro, El Porvenir and Básico, which now serve more than 525 Guatemalan children from low-income families in the towns of Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo de Cubo.
NDG’s motto has always been that everyone can do something. Dedicated volunteers are key to our mission of breaking the cycle of poverty through education in Guatemala. Through our program, you can get off the beaten track and experience Antigua’s wonderful, culture, people, and landscapes, all while giving back in our schools.
Our volunteers come from all types of backgrounds and range in age from eighteen to sixty. We have an average of five people volunteering with us at any given time. During high season, however, there may be as many as fifteen volunteers in our programs at once.