Content Marketing Associate
Bay Area Green Tours
Content Marketing Associate
Bay Area Green Tours is a non-profit that creates interactive tours and experiences highlighting the sustainable economy in action to inspire and educate youth and adults to build a more enduring, resilient, and just future.
We're a grassroots operation reinventing ourselves by moving from in-person tours to virtual green tours. We are a ~20-person volunteer-based organization for now, but we are building for the future by applying to grants and beginning outreach to corporations who want to sponsor our programs and/or buy virtual team building tours. We just redesigned our website and streamlined our operations with a committed, fun, and sharp team of interns and volunteers.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Associate to manage our content development strategy in collaboration with other team members, and to be responsible for creating, gathering, editing, distributing, and publishing our content. You will collaborate on generating new content and editing existing content to fuel multi-channel marketing campaigns based on email newsletters and blogs and distributed via email marketing, social media, and our website.
Our ideal candidate has at least 1 year of creative or content marketing experience, preferably with a writing background. You should be able to take the initiative to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. For this position, it’s also essential to have some experience with - or a willingness to learn - team collaboration platforms: Google Suite, Slack, and Asana.Responsibilities
- Design content marketing strategies and set short and long-term goals
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to achieve business targets
- Edit, proofread, and improve content to be high-quality and aligned with the topics our market is interested in ensuring strong web presence
- Optimize content by working with our marketing team on a data-driven approach to content development
- Collaborate with program, writing, video, and marketing team members to assist in producing or editing high quality content
- Develop an editorial calendar based on both virtual tour schedules and seasonal/timely news development
- Own posting and managing our website’s new blog
- Proven work experience as a creative or content marketing manager
- Editorial mindset with a passion for audience preferences
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
About Bay Area Green Tours
Virtual for now, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We provide educational tours and events that demonstrate the sustainable economy in action, inspire support of local green businesses, and empower people to incorporate environmental responsibility and social justice into their personal and professional lives.
Bay Area Green Tours (BAGT) serves as a conduit to solutions for a more sustainable future. BAGT is committed to focusing on positive, innovative solutions and models. Tours have been offered for companies & conferences, and for young people who are able to connect to role models and organizations which inspire them towards environmental activism and career paths. We are moving toward Virtual Tours due to COVID and will have in-person tours on a case-by-case basis. Participants learn about innovative green-certified businesses, people & organizations in the nation’s environmental epicenter, enabling them to find resources or take action to help mitigate climate change and live more sustainably.
What we offer:
Networking opportunities to local solutionaries
Experience working with a local environmental non-profit organization
Experience researching and connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in sustainability
Improved research and communication skills
Letter of recommendation/professional reference based on performance and hours
Check out our featured tours: https://www.bayareagreentours.org/tours.html