21 people are interested
Social Media Strategist
21 people are interested
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF) is seeking an experienced Social Media Strategist
At IOFF, we are united by a passion to protect our oceans, and we believe that the power of film is one of the best ways to bring people together and create change. The International Ocean Film Festival is dedicated to restoring, protecting and balancing ocean biodiversity through independent film.
About the International Ocean Film Festival
Launched in 2004, the International Ocean Film Festival is the leading Bay Area ocean destination event of the year and the premier global film festival with a focus on ocean inspired films. The IOFF is a year-round ocean conservation organization, with a flagship four-day film festival held annually in March at Cowell Theater in Fort Mason, along the northern waterfront of the Bay. The event features more than 50 independent films from around the world, visiting filmmakers, special guests, panel discussions and opportunities to engage with Ocean Hero Community Partners throughout the weekend. In addition, the IOFF hosts special screenings throughout the year and hosted its first virtual film festival in August 2020. The film festival strives to engage the next generation of ocean conservationists by offering a Free Student Education Program and an International Student Film Competition for middle school and high schools students.
Social Media Strategist:
- Build and manage IOFF’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant, ensuring that content is up-to-date and updated regularly
- Create and publish original content on social media that follows our brand guidelines
- Provide recommendations on social media content optimization
- Run targeted ad campaigns and social promotions on various social media platforms and track their results.
- Serve as the main person posting social media content on a weekly or as-needed basis
- Participate on the Marketing Committee to collaborate and design social media strategies as they pertain to IOFF events and/or important issues affecting our oceans and marine life
- Communicate with community partners on upcoming events and cross promotional opportunities
- Stay up to date with social media best practices and new digital technologies
- Experience working as a social media strategist/manager
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to identify target audiences and publish related content
- Experience and passion working with non-profit organizations
- An interest in protecting our oceans and a willingness to learn more about key issues affecting our oceans health.
About International Ocean Film Festival
Tides Thoreau Center, 1007 General Kennedy Drive #205, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
The mission of the International Ocean Film Festival is to save our oceans one film at a time.
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF), is the first and largest film festival focused on the ocean in North America.
Celebrating its 18th Anniversary in March 2021 the IOFF will be a virtual online film festival and hopefully an in-person event as well. Programs include live stream discussions with filmmakers and content experts, creating a unique online public forum on the environmental, social, and cultural importance of the ocean's ecosystems, habitats and its resources.
1007 General Kennedy Drive, Suite 205The PresidioThoreau Center for SustainabilitySan Francisco, CA 94129
October 11, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- 4-6 hours per week
- Experience in social media strategies with all three platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org