DONATE TO THIS
39 people are interested
Social Media Manager
ORGANIZATION: International Ocean Film Festival
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
39 people are interested
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF) is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager.
At IOFF, we are united by a passion to protect our oceans, and we believe that the power of film is one of the best ways to bring people together and create change. The mission of the International Ocean Film Festival is to be the premiere global platform for ocean literacy and education through independent film.
About the International Ocean Film Festival
Launched in 2004, the International Ocean Film Festival is the leading Bay Area ocean destination event of the year and the premier global film festival with a focus on ocean inspired films. The IOFF is a year-round ocean conservation organization, with a flagship four-day film festival held annually in April at Cowell Theater in Fort Mason, along the northern waterfront of the Bay. The event features more than 50 independent films from around the world, visiting filmmakers, special guests, panel discussions and opportunities to engage with Ocean Hero Community Partners throughout the weekend. In addition, the IOFF hosts special screenings throughout the year and will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary on April 13-16, 2023 at Cowell Theater at Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture. The film festival strives to engage the next generation of ocean conservationists by offering a Free Student Education Program and an International Student Film Competition for middle school and high schools students.
Social Media Manager:
- Build and manage IOFF’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant, ensuring that content is up-to-date and updated regularly
- Create and publish original content on social media that follows our brand guidelines
- Provide recommendations on social media content optimization
- Run targeted ad campaigns and social promotions on various social media platforms and track their results.
- Serve as the main person posting social media content on a weekly or as-needed basis
- Participate on the Marketing Committee to collaborate and design social media strategies as they pertain to IOFF events and/or important issues affecting our oceans and marine life
- Communicate with community partners on upcoming events and cross promotional opportunities
- Stay up to date with social media best practices and new digital technologies
- Experience working as a social media strategist/manager
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience with creating orginal graphics
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to identify target audiences and publish related content
- Experience and passion working with non-profit organizations
- An interest in protecting our oceans and a willingness to learn more about key issues affecting our oceans health.
To Apply Please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, our mission resonates deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position.
About International Ocean Film Festival
Tides Thoreau Center, 1007 General Kennedy Drive #205, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
The mission of the International Ocean Film Festival is to be the premier global platform for ocean literacy and education through independent film.
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF), is the first and largest film festival focused on the ocean in the world.
As a year-round ocean conservation organization the IOFF produces a four-day in person film and lecture event that promotes awareness around the health of our oceans, and call to actions to protect it. Film programs include award winning independent films of all genres, on stage discussions with filmmakers and content experts, creating a unique public forum on the environmental, social, and cultural importance of the ocean's ecosystems, habitats and its resources. The IOFF has four main pillars to fulfill its mission: the main Film Festival, the Free Student Education Program, the Student Film Competition and the Traveling Program.
IOFF will be celebrating it's 20th Anniversary on April 13-16, 2023 at Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture in San Francisco, CA. With an expected attendance of 5,000 people, the IOFF serves as a beacon of hope and conversation for ocean lovers of all ages.
1007 General Kennedy Drive, Suite 205The PresidioThoreau Center for SustainabilitySan Francisco, CA 94129
August 22, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- 4-6 hours per week
- Experience in social media strategies with all three platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Submit resume to email@example.com