Poppy Life Care is approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization in the United States. We are endorsed by GuideStar which specializes in the reporting of U.S. non-profit companies. We have many opportunities to make an impact, grow your network and business portfolio while building a non-profit and working in a startup environment.
We hope you will consider us in your search!
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents struggling with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help children and their families that are struggling with spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety, depression and more. We want to do our part in changing their quality of life for the better.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
We are very passionate about what we are doing and looking for people that want to help make a positive impact in our communities!
More About the Company:
At Poppy Life Care we care about people and strive to create environments that empower people and ideas.
We are paving the way to education and care programs and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference! Candidates should excel in fast paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in business, non-profits, or startups. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available.
Check us out at poppylifecare.org!
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following projects that support PLCF efforts:
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the chief executive
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Participate in budgeting processes
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation
- Analyze transactions and prepare reports
- Perform regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures and investments
- Forecast revenue and analyze profit margins
- Keep company financial information confidential
- Establish accounting policies and procedures
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulations
This volunteer opportunity is good for professionals that want to build their network, get involved in philanthropy or gain startup experience. A ton of opportunity!!!
We are looking for an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to join our Board. You’ll be responsible for preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial reports for our company.
Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of bookkeeping, auditing, and budgeting procedures. You should also be able to monitor daily transactions and recommend ways we can improve our financial health. Previous work experience, along with a degree in Accounting and a CPA qualification is required for this role.
Ultimately, you will play a vital role in our company’s financial operations, ensuring compliance with the law and accuracy in accounting.
Time Commitment Minimum:
Minimum of 5 hours a month and up to 15 hours a month. Hours may be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the opportunity typically gain a more in-depth experience. 1-year commitment required
Benefits Available to Volunteer:
Although this is an unpaid volunteering opportunity that does not lead to employment or includes employee benefits, this opportunity offers:
- Build your resume and LinkedIn portfolio with unique startup experience and ability to build a non-profit company
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of a non-profit company
- Providing strategic forecasting to ensure the growth of a start-up
- Letter of recommendations after 90 days of commitment
- Increase your network within the community and with business connections
- PLUS have fun learning- there is so much opportunity!
How to Apply:
Please submit your application or send a resume and cover letter to Erica@poppylifecare.org
This volunteer opportunity is provided by Volunteer Match, in partnership with LinkedIn for good!
****** MUST LIVE IN THE U.S. TO APPLY ******