11 people are interested
Director of Development for Local Non-Profit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
The Director of Development drives the fundraising and awareness strategy for the organization. The Director of Development prepares annual fundraising action plans based on the organization goals set by the Executive Director. The Director of Development leads the implementation of the fundraising strategy and manages the Development Team.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of a fundraising action plan that aligns with organization objectives, clearly delineates goals and methods of evaluation, and budgets for estimated activity costs and resource needs.
- Leads the Development Team, ensuring oversight of the fundraising strategy implementation, including fundraising activities, special events, community awareness strategy, and management of donors.
- Communicates regular updates on the status of fundraising targets to the Executive Director and Director of Finance, as well as seeks approval for increased budget if needed.
- Aligns event communication and community awareness strategies with the Director of Communications.
- Works with the Director of Human Resources to fill manager roles on the Development Team and to plan for volunteer support of fundraising events and activities.
- As a member of the Executive Director Team, support the development of the overarching organizational strategy, and provide quarterly updates for communication to the Board.
- Participates in Executive Director Team meetings and activities, and communicates updates and highlights to the Team.
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Executive Director Team and the Development Team, as well as responsive to emails. As a point of escalation for the Development Team, the Director of Development should be able to be reached within 24 hours for urgent issues, barring times of leave when a delegate should be identified.
As Rukundo International is a small, growing organization, the Director of Development is expected to be a hands-on role, whereas all Development Team duties are expected to be performed by the Director of Development in the absence of other Development Team members. The Director of Development will have full support of the Executive Director and other Functional Directors.Qualifications
- Experience in developing fundraising strategies and managing fundraising events, as well as experience in donor recruitment and management.
- Experience in leading and managing large teams.
- Experience managing an event budget and understanding financial statements.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Demonstrated capacity for interpersonal relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and supervise others
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
- Experienced with MS Office programs
- Qualified degree or equivalent experience
Reports to the Executive Director
Accountable for the Community Outreach Manager, Special Events Manager, Fundraising Manager, and Donor Care Manager.
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 6, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18