20 people are interested
Greater Chicago Food Depository FRESH Truck Session (Morning Shift, Various Locations)
ORGANIZATION: Greater Chicago Food Depository
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
The FRESH Truck is an innovative collaboration between the Greater Chicago Food Depository and health organizations throughout Cook County. Patients, who attend the FRESH Truck, are referred by their physicians based upon the results of a food insecurity screening. Volunteer jobs at the FRESH Truck include staffing the check-in and health/nutrition table, being a personal shopper and restocker. Because of volunteer support, thousands of patients and their families have access to fresh produce. These opportunities are available in 21 different locations.
To register for a FRESH Truck shift please view our volunteer calendar for shift time and locations: https://volunteers.chicagosfoodbank.org/index.php?section=IndividualOpportunities&action=calendar
How to register:
- Please go to our volunteer calendar
- View the calendar and pick which shift you are interested in. Please be mindful of whether it is a repack or fresh truck shift and the location of your sign up. Note that different shift types are different colors.
- Carefully read all of our shift information
- Select whether you would like a group or individual sign up
- If you already have a profile with us, please sign in and register for your preferred shift(s). If not please create a profile, enter all required information and submit.
- For Individual Sign up please create a new profile, input all required information, and submit. Once you have created a profile you will again be asked to submit to confirm your shift.
- For Group Sign up:
- please create a new profile, input all required information, and submit.
- Once you have created a new profile you will be prompted to fill out a group registration form.
- Once you submit you have registered.
Other info we may need to post:
Information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Given the increased incidence of COvid-19 in the US and around the world, please be advised that individuals who fall within one of the following categories are not permitted at our facility at this time:
- You have been exposed to COVID-19, or have been diagnose with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or public health authorities.
- Within the past 14 days, you or members of your household have experienced any combination of cough, fever, muscle pain, sore throat, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills/repeated shaking with chills, headache, new loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and congestion or runny nose.
08:00 AM to 11:00 AM
PLEASE visit our volunteer calandar to view the different locations for this opportunity
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Greater Chicago Food Depository
4100 West Ann Lurie Place, Chicago, IL 60632, US
Providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is Chicago’s food bank. We provide food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
The Food Depository is part of a united community effort working to bring food, dignity and hope to our Cook County neighbors. We act as the hub for a network of more than 700 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other programs. These programs provide food where it’s most needed. We also address the root causes of hunger. Public benefits outreach and job training programs offer a hand up for our neighbors to overcome poverty.
As the face of hunger in our community has changed, the Food Depository has evolved. Our programs address the specific needs of diverse groups, including children, older adults and veterans.
By taking hunger off the table, we enable families to focus on other priorities, like education, growth and security. We enable communities to face their challenges with confidence. Today and in the long term, providing nutritious food is an investment in health and hope for our neighbors and our community
4100 West Ann Lurie PlaceChicago, IL 60632
May 17, 2022
- Food Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 11
- 3 hours
- Volunteers over the age of 16 can register and attend our sessions without an adult, those who are 11-15 must have an adult with them. We require at least 1 adult per 9 youth (11-15)